Wildlife & Ecosystems
Listed below are research, documents, and reports pertinent to wildlife and ecosystems. If you would like to suggest additional research, documents, or reports on this topic, please submit a short description to AASHTO (including any pertinent links) on the Share Info with AASHTO form.
- Wildlife and Roads: A Resource to Help Mitigate Roads for Wildlife, was developed as part of National Cooperative Highway Research Program Project 25-27 and is now housed on the Center for Environmental Excellence by AASHTO website. The site provides a wealth of information, including a step-by-step decision guide for practitioners.
[back to top]
- FHWA Implementing Eco-Logical Website
- FHWA Wildlife and Habitat Web Page (Environmental Review Toolkit)
- ESA Webtool (FHWA): an online tool to streamline preparation of Biological Assessments (BAs) and the consultation process under Section 7 of the Federal Endangered Species Act for projects where the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) is the lead federal action agency.
- FHWA Wildlife Protection Resources
- FHWA PlanWorks Decision Support Tool: a web resource that supports collaborative decision-making in transportation planning and project development, built around key decision points in long-range planning, programming, corridor planning, and environmental review.
[back to top]
TRB and NCHRP