- This event has passed.
FHWA: Environmental Excellence Awards – Applications Open
September 20 - November 3
The biennial Environmental Excellence Awards (EEA) program recognizes outstanding transportation projects, processes, and partners that incorporate environmental stewardship into the planning and project development processes using FHWA funding sources. We accept nominations for any project, process, group, or individuals involved in a project or process that has used FHWA funding sources to make an outstanding contribution to transportation and the environment. Nominations for the 2024 EEAs will be accepted through November 3rd, 2023.
- ACCELERATING PROJECT DELIVERY
- ACTIVE AND MULTIMODAL TRANSPORTATION
- AIR QUALITY AND GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS
- CLIMATE CHANGE ADAPTATION, RESILIENCE, AND SUSTAINABILITY
- COLLABORATION AND PARTNERSHIP
- COMMUNITY CONSIDERATIONS IN TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENTS
- COMPLETE STREETS AND CONTEXT SENSITIVE SOLUTIONS
- CULTURAL AND HISTORICAL RESOURCES
- ECOSYSTEMS, HABITAT, AND WILDLIFE
- EDUCATIONAL AND TRAINING PROGRAMS
- ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH
- EQUITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE
- ROADSIDE RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND MAINTENANCE
- WETLANDS, WATERSHEDS, AND WATER QUALITY
For more information on the EEA program and to submit an application, please visit: https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/environment/environmental_excellence_awards/.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact [email protected].