2nd Conference on Advancing Transportation Equity
July 15 - July 18
Convened by TRB, the 2nd Conference on Advancing Transportation Equity will be held July 15-18, 2024 in Baltimore, MD. The CATE 2024 theme, Reaching Across the Divide: Research, Community Implementation, and Shared Experiences suggests that transportation equity and mobility justice goals will only advance by connecting transportation work to community needs.
The conference will bridge the gap between the transportation equity analyses that agencies conduct and conditions on the ground. Presenters will emphasize concrete outcomes and examples of advancing transportation equity. They will highlight practical solutions and programs.
Participate in the advancement of equity and environmental justice in transportation practices and research attending, supporting and/or presenting at CATE 2024.
- Gain an understanding of the fundamental concept of equity and its interplay with the state of transportation decision making, practices, policies, guidance, and regulations
- Exchange ideas with peers about frameworks and mechanisms
- Identify successful methods, strategies, and tools for measuring progress toward equity, particularly for transportation agency performance within their investment and implementation strategies
- Learn effective outreach and engagement strategies to coordinate with stakeholder populations and partners during implementation of equity-focused projects and services
- Frame future equity research to address ongoing questions and pervasive gaps in knowledge and practice