This handbook is intended to introduce transportation practitioners to a method of integrating ecological interests into transportation planning to address natural resource conservation and restoration priorities at a regional scale, and to establish a more reliable and efficient delivery program for projects with partner agencies.
Issues covered in this Handbook include:
- engaging resource and regulatory agencies as planning partners;
- adopting an ecological framework for planning;
- prioritizing resources for conservation and restoration;
- developing a future transportation program in partnership with agencies and stakeholders to minimize impacts and direct mitigation efforts;
- establishing programmatic agreements for project review, permitting, and mitigation crediting; and
- maintaining the framework and the partnership